Deaconess are Godly women who attend to the care of the sick or poor and who engage in other social services duties, such as leading or missionary work.
As Deaconess, our mission is:
- to serve our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
- to love, support, assist and pray for our Pastor
- to serve the needs of the members of the church and our community
“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men. Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance; for ye serve the Lord Christ.”
The Deaconess Ministry was organized many, many years ago and is an integral part of the Branch Bell Baptist Church. Our ministry is very small, but strong and growing. We do have several members who are unable to actively fulfill their roles because of health challenges.
We are presently under the leadership of Sis. Arleatha Day Howard (President), Sis. Denise James (Vice President). Other members include Sis. Louise Randall, Sis. Rosemary Rapp, Sis Louise Young, Sis Carol Joshua, Sis. Dorothy Scott and Sis Claiborne.
We consider it an honor to participate in the two ordinances of the Church that Jesus gave to be carried out: Baptism and Holy Communion.
- Assist the candidates before and after baptism with dressing
- Adorning the table for communion
- Assist Deacon ministry with visiting the sick and serving communion as requested
- Greet, comfort and encourage new members, visitors and friends to the house of God
White suit, stockings (color of your skin tone), chapel cap/white hat, black shoes
(baptism & communion), otherwise wear a suit/dress.
PLEASE – NO PANTS
Service – the opportunity to serve is a gift which we have been blessed with and all our interactions should embody that spirit.
Faithfulness – our decision and actions should reflect a faith commitment based on God’s living presence in the world, continuing revelation and call to servanthood.
Identity – our tradition and history as a ministry of the Branch Bell Baptist Church should inform and help shape our work.